Designed with sustainability in mind because sustainability is an emerging priority
Carbon Trust Certification1,2
FLEXBUMIN® 25% is the first medical product certified by the Carbon Trust, and FLEXBUMIN 5% is also certified by the Carbon Trust.
Lower carbon footprint
Using just 4 containers of FLEXBUMIN 25% (100 mL) per day for a week instead of glass bottles provides the same CO2 reduction as using 3 fewer gallons of gasoline. Additionally, using just 5 containers of FLEXBUMIN 5% per day provides the same CO2 reduction as using 1 fewer gallon of gasoline.3,4*
Reduced waste volume
It takes about 8.9 discarded 50 mL FLEXBUMIN 25% containers to equal the weight of just 1 discarded glass bottle of equal volume5*
Safe end-of-life disposal
The GALAXY® container film is composed of LLDPE, PVDC and Nylon 6†; meaning the container film can be processed without creating harmful residues such as dioxins when incinerated according to established industry standards.6,7
*Calculations based on bottles of BUMINATE® 25% and 5% [Albumin (Human)], USP, 25% and 5% Solution.
†Polyvinylidene chloride (PVDC), Linear low density polypropylene (LLDPE).
1. The Carbon Trust Certification Limited. Carbon Footprint Certification Letter. 2012.
- 2. Data on file VV-MED-7516 - FLEX-017 FLEXBUMIN Life Cycle Assessment 2009.
- 3. Data on file VV-MED-7406 - FLEX-009 Environmental Impact.
- 4. EPA. CO2 emissions results for 250mL containers.http://www.epa.gov/energy/greenhouse-gas-equivalencies-calculator. Accessed September 30, 2017.
- 5. Data on file VV-MED-7242 - FLEX-008 FLEXBUMIN GALAXY Container Disposal Cost.
- 6. DOW. Saran PVDC Resins & Films and the Environment 2005.
- 7. Data on file VV-MED-7407 - FLEX-010 Four Layer Container Composition.